Thursday, September 18, 2008
Homeschooling Elena
School is so different sense I went to school. I have the privledge of staying home with my children. Sometimes I think I don't want to, but everyday my children learn somthing new that will help them become the people they want to be. I never knew school could be so much fun. My 5 year old loves school. We started when she was 3 little by little, so she really doesn't know not going to school. She's just started reading little words, and she's so excited she can pick up a book and know the letters and sound out the words. But besides that, she does have a short attention span, so we play games (go fish, monopoly, checkers, alphabet train game, we made up). I never knew that school could be so much fun, for them and for me. She also has spanish, since we are fluent. Signing, because Elena is partially deaf in both ears, Signing time is the best investment I have ever made. Of course, her letters and numbers, Kinderbach is also wonderful if your children love piano and music. It's a lot of fun and they learn how to play the piano. We have such a good time. Daddy loves to do science expreiments. And we have a map of world history on our living room wall. Elena loves the greeks. Medusa is her favorite. More updates as we go throughout the year. I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment